Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pinterest: Try It At Your Own Risk




Have you heard of the latest social networking site called Pinterest? According to their website, "Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."

To me, Pinterest is a downright obsession. I joined late last year but did not actually start using it until early this year. Boy, once I started, there is no turning back, it is so fun and easy to pin images! I have to limit the amount of time I spend on that website or perusing other websites, pinning images onto my boards, otherwise, I would not get any work done. Even though, technically, finding inspiration online is part of my work, no?

It is a great way for engaged couples to share their wedding ideas and inspiration with their wedding planner and other vendors, or with their families and friends. Even if you are not planning a wedding, you can pin images for places you want to travel to, recipes you want to try, the shoes you want to get, anything you can think of.

Right now, I have some boards dedicated to weddings and some for my personal interests. Since Pinterest is still technically by-invitation only, if you are interested to join, let me know in the comments below or email me and I will send you an invite. I've heard that recently, it's faster to join if you get an invite from an existing member than if you were to request an invite from the website itself.

If you are already using Pinterest, you can follow me here.

Follow Me on Pinterest

(Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility for introducing you to your impending obsession.)

You have been warned.



No comments:

Post a Comment