Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

When I think of Valentine's Day, I think of sweet stuff; candy you give your special someone, sweet nothings you whisper in each other's ears... I also think of romance and that leads me to think of Paris, the most romantic city in the world (in my opinion). And when I think of Paris, I think of my favorite cookie, the French macaron.

My favorite French macaron is called the Ispahan, it's basically a French macaron with a combination of rose, raspberries and lychee flavors that blend together so beautifully. The Ispahan is created by Pierre Herme, a very talented French pastry chef, who I think is the god of French macarons. (That reminds me, I better get started on working on one of my New Year's resolutions.)

I am going to leave you with this photo of a heart-shaped Ispahan by Pierre Herme, wishing you all things sweet today!

Photo credit: PierreHerme.com

No comments:

Post a Comment